A significant number of patients comes to the Center seeking gentle approaches to treatment of the depression and anxiety. We specialize in treating these conditions without the use of medications. If you are already taking an anti-anxiety medication or an antidepressant, we are available to work with your psychiatrist to create the optimal care plan for you, or will refer you to one of our affiliated psychiatrists. In addition, our internist Dr. Mikhail Kogan can prescribe the medications.
We have successfully helped many patients to slowly come off the antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications.
In addition to treating the depression and anxiety, we have successfully treated patients with chronic psychological trauma. We find that using combinations of different mind-body modalities and body-based treatments such as massage, Reiki, and craniosacral therapy often leads to faster resolution of trauma-related symptoms. We are currently developing a strategic alliance with the Department of Defense to participate in a pilot application of some of our methods for treating soldiers suffering from the post-traumatic stress disorder.
Below are the examples of some of the methods we use for depression and anxiety:
- Balancing neurotransmitters with diet and supplements;;
- Mind-Body methods such as Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program, Yoga, Hypnotherapy;
- Panic and Anxiety resolution program led by Dr. Willam Fabian, PhD;
- From Depression to Wellness Program;
- Naturopathic management with Dr. Deirdre Orceyre and Dr. Marianna Ledenac;
- Individual Counseling.