Gynecology studies and treats conditions of the female reproductive system. The Center for Integrative Medicine adds a holistic, non-invasive approach to gynecological treatment. We treat the whole woman rather than individual symptoms or a disease. The treatments offered by the conventional medicine are not always the only options. GWCIM practitioners help patients broaden the understanding of their symptoms and their state of health. Supportive modalities may include: naturopathic evaluation and treatment, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutrition counseling, Reiki, supplement review, or yoga.
- Evaluation of the whole person with referrals to other practitioners as appropriate for the individual’s needs
- Assessment of associated dysfunction, predisposing to chronic conditions – digestion, elimination, detoxification, adrenal function, thyroid function, blood sugar regulation, etc
- Colonoscopy, mammogram, DEXA, GYN exam referrals
- Supportive interventions for abnormal cervical changes (eg abnormal PAP)
- Hormone balancing for conditions such as PCOS, PMS or menopause
- Chronic / recurrent vaginal infections
- Chronic vaginal/vulvar painIntegrative consultation on conventional treatment approaches, offering a more holistic opinion
- We do not offer annual GYN/well woman exams at this time
The Center offers a positive integrative approach to women’s health problems and concerns, often addressing recurring symptoms that have not been alleviated by conventional medications and treatments and avoiding most of the side effects of those approaches. Schedule an appointment.
Meet our practitioners: